On today’s episode, we talk about why we need to read the whole Bible. If we’re not careful, we can approach the Word of God as a compilation of many different books. We can be tempted to choose to read the same books of the Bible and purposefully neglect others. While it’s true that the Bible is divided into 66 smaller books, the Bible actually tells one unified story. When we don’t read the whole Bible, we actually miss out on parts of the story!
But we know it’s not easy. There are many barriers to reading the whole Bible. Some parts seem out of date. Some books are hard to understand. We have our personal preferences. And on top of that, our schedules are packed and our time to read and study Scripture seems limited. Joanna and Stefanie discuss the benefits of reading all of Scripture, and they also tackle the many barriers that may prevent us from reading the whole Bible.
Also, at the end of the episode, we invite you to join the official Daily Grace Co. Bible Reading Challenge 2020. Tune into the episode for more details. Be sure to use the hashtag #DGBibleChallenge20 on social media to let us know you’re joining us in this challenge!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Story of the Bible Family Devotional by The Daily Grace Co.
- Story of the Bible Coloring Book Companion by The Daily Grace Co.
- Ep. 3 Bible Study in Busy Seasons by Daily Grace
- Ep. 46 Setting Bible Study Goals by Daily Grace
- Amen: From Eden to Eternity by The Daily Grace Co.
- Bible Studies from The Daily Grace Co.
- Bible Reading Challenge with The Daily Grace Co. (FREE)
- Bible Reading Plan in The Daily Grace Co. App (FREE)
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Colossians 1
- Revelation 21
- 1 John 1:9
- 1 Peter 3:15
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “Lamp and Light”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *