On today’s episode, we welcome Kristyn Perez back on the show. Kristyn is a fellow member of The Daily Grace Co. team, and she faithfully leads the Lamp and Light Community on Facebook. Kristyn is wife to Ronald and mama to three. She has a master’s degree in biblical counseling from Southeastern Seminary, and she is currently pursuing her certification from the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors.
In this episode, Kristyn helps us work through the reality that the holidays can be times of extra pain and friction for many people. There are a number of reasons: the loss of a loved one, broken relationships, financial hardships, unmet expectations, and more. In the midst of celebrations and busyness, the holidays can be incredibly lonely times when we feel the brokenness of this world more acutely. Kristyn graciously helps us apply the gospel to our grief and brokenness, and she offers practical tips to navigate the holiday season well.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Ep. 026 Gospel Hope for Shame with Kristyn Perez by Daily Grace
- The Daily Grace Co. Lamp and Light Facebook Community
- The Peacemaker by Ken Sande
- “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Ep. 032 Can We Trust Our Emotions? by Daily Grace
- 2019 Advent Ornaments by The Daily Grace Co.
- What Grieving People Wish You Knew About What Really Helps by Nancy Guthrie
- The Daily Grace Co. Prayer Journal (for kids)
- Desiring God Fighter Verses
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- Hebrews 4:15
- Romans 12:17
- John 6:68
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13
- 2 Corinthians 4:7
- Psalm 34
- 1 Corinthians 1:4
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “Lamp and Light”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *