On today’s episode, we talk about a common word used in Christian circles: “abide”. It’s many of our friends’ “word of the year”. We see it on coffee mugs and necklaces and baseball caps. But we want to pause and really talk about what abiding actually means. How do we abide? What does it look like to abide in the Lord in this day and age? This conversation is extra special because we have a third co-host joining us: Kristin Schmucker! Kristin recently wrote a study on the book of John called “Come and See”, and we wanted to dialogue with her about how the metaphor of the vine and the branches seen in John 15 is so helpful in having a biblical understanding of abiding. Come join our conversation!
Also, if you would like to go through the “Come and See” study with us, we will be going through it as an online community starting on July 16th. Daily interaction can be found on The Daily Grace Co. app (free), and weekly reflections will be shared in our private Facebook group called “The Daily Grace Co. Community”. We hope you join us in digging deep into this beautiful gospel!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortlund
- Follow Kristin Schmucker on Good Reads
- “Come and See” (study on the book of John) by The Daily Grace Co.
- The Daily Grace Co. Community on Facebook
- “Yet Not I but Through Christ in Me” by City Alight
- Union With Christ by Rankin Wilbourne
- The Westminster Confession of Faith
- Ep. 65 How and Why We Memorize Scripture by Daily Grace
- Ep. 29 Meditation: Studying God’s Word with Your Mind & Heart by Daily Grace
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- John 15:1-11
- Ephesians 2:1
- Ephesians 2:4-6
- Isaiah 5:1-4
Other passages about Israel being the vine:
- Psalm 80:8-16
- Isaiah 5:1-7
- Jeremiah 2:21
- Ezekiel 15:1-8, 17:5-10, 19:10-14
- Hosea 10:1
- Hebrews 4:12
- 1 John 2:5-6
- 1 John 3:24
- 1 John 4:16
- Romans 1:7
- John 1:12
- John 1:1
- Joshua 1:8
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Matthew 11:28-30
- 1 John 5:3
- Hebrews 3:6
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “The Daily Grace Co. Community”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *