On today’s episode, we talk about setting our eyes, minds, and hearts on eternity. For believers, this is how we experience true hope in hard times. But what does it mean to “set your eyes on eternity”? What is the hope of eternity? How can we practically do this in our day-to-day? In this episode, we talk about what this common phrase means, why it’s important, and how we can actually do it. This year has been hard, and our world is in desperate need of hope. The thing is, we can look around us and find so many things promising false hope. But here’s gospel truth: only Christ is enough. He is all-sufficient. He is our true hope, and when we are united to Him, we can cling onto His promises to weather whatever storms we may face on this side of eternity. Let us remind each other (and help each other) to fix our eyes on His promises that will endure forevermore.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Carly Jean Los Angeles
- 2021 Power Sheets from Cultivate What Matters
- Ep. 38 Setting Goals that Matter with Lara Casey by Daily Grace
- Girls’ Goal Planner (ages 8-12)
- Even Better than Eden by Nancy Guthrie
- The Weight of Glory by C.S. Lewis
- Ep. 7 Preaching the Gospel to Yourself by Daily Grace
- Ep. 29 Meditation: Studying God’s Word with Your Heart & Mind by Daily Grace
- Ep. 65 How and Why We Memorize Scripture by Daily Grace
- A Seed, A Sunrise by Caroline Cobb
- “Set Our Hearts on Eternity” Spotify Playlist by The Daily Grace Co.
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- Genesis 1-2
- 1 Peter 1:3-5
- Revelation 21:1-5
- James 5:7-8
- Colossians 3:1-4
- Ephesians 5:16
- Psalm 90:12
- 2 Corinthians 4:16, 18
- Romans 5:3
- 1 Peter 1:6-7
- 2 Corinthians 10:5
- Micah 6:8
- Hebrews 11:16
- Matthew 20:16
- Matthew 20:26
- Luke 14:11
- Hebrews 12:2
- 1 Corinthians 10:31
- Matthew 13
- Colossians 1:9-10
- Colossians 3:10
- Ecclesiastes 7:2
- Psalm 27:13-14
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “The Daily Grace Co. Community”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *