Liturgy. You may have heard this word before. Maybe you’ve been to a liturgical service where the congregation followed a particular order of events. Or maybe your church incorporates liturgical prayers where everyone says a written prayer out loud together. Or maybe you’ve seen some written prayers on Instagram. Kayla Craig is a beautiful voice on many different platforms, and she offers wonderful modern liturgies for parents. Her handle is @liturgiesforparents and she also wrote a book called To Light Their Way: A Collection of Prayers and Liturgies for Parents. But this conversation isn’t just for parents. We talk about liturgies in general and how we can embrace them in our day to day lives. We really do think this conversation will be edifying no matter what season of life you’re in! Be sure to follow Kayla on IG at @kayla_craig and @liturgiesforparents!
Here are some questions that Kayla answers in this interview:
- What are liturgies? (7:11)
- What is the benefit of liturgies for the believer? (10:42)
- How can we incorporate liturgies into our everyday lives? (18:07)
- How can liturgies help us in times of suffering or sorrow? (22:42)
- Can you share a time when liturgies have been helpful for you in a difficult situation? (26:56)
- How can parents use liturgies as they walk through raising children? (29:59)
- How can we create our own liturgies? What do we need to include? (36:18)
- What are some of your most used liturgies in your own life? (39:58)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
To Light Their Way: A Collection of Prayers and Liturgies for Parents by Kayla Craig
The Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers & Devotions by The Banner of Truth
What Kind of Woman by Kate Byer
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love it if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Engage with our Facebook community, “The Daily Grace Co. Community”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *
The opinions of guests on the Daily Grace podcast do not represent the opinions of The Daily Grace Co., and we do not necessarily endorse the resources that they recommend or mention on the show. We believe it is valuable to hear from a variety of guests, even if we do not agree in all areas. As always, the statements made by hosts and guests on the show should be tested against God’s Word, the only authority on truth.