On today’s episode, we talk about prayer. We know we should pray, and many of us desperately want a thriving prayer life. But where do we start? What do we say? We wish someone would teach us to pray! The disciples had the same plea as seen in Luke 11:1 when they say, “Lord, teach us to pray”. This is when Jesus teaches them the Lord’s prayer as a model to follow. When we look carefully, we see that there are 6 petitions in the prayer: 3 God-centered petitions followed by 3 need-centered petitions. These petitions can serve as a framework for our prayers, enriching our prayer lives. Let’s press into this important spiritual discipline. Our prayers really do reveal what we truly believe! Come join our conversation!
For a more in depth study, be sure to check out the new study from The Daily Grace Co. on The Lord’s Prayer(written by Aubrey Coleman). We will be working through the study as an online community starting on June 24th. Download the FREE The Daily Grace Co. App and join our private Facebook community!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Foundations: 12 Biblical Truths to Shape a Family by Ruth Chou Simons
- Safe + Fair Popcorn
- “Prayer” by George Herbert
- The Lord’s Prayerby The Daily Grace Co.
- Ep. 64 The Beauty of Racial & Cultural Diversity in the Church with Aubrey Coleman
- The Daily Grace Co. Facebook Community
- The Daily Grace Co. App (FREE)
- Praying the Bible by Donald Whitney
- Scripture for Anxiety Journal by The Daily Grace Co.
- All Things New Scripture Praying Scripture Journal by The Daily Grace Co.
- Prayer Cards by The Daily Grace Co.
- Ep. 55 Praying Scripture by Daily Grace
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- 1 John 1:9
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- James 5:16
- Luke 11:5-13
- Philippians 1:9-11
- Psalm 79:9
- Luke 11:1
- Matthew 6:9-13
- Revelation 22:20
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3
- James 4:14
- Matthew 18:21-35
- James 1:13
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “The Daily Grace Co. Community”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *