On today’s episode, we talk about Bible study goals. What does it mean to have goals pertaining to our Bible intake? Is it necessary to have structured plans regarding Scripture reading? Isn’t that being legalistic? What if you’re in a busy season of life and doing inductive Bible studies isn’t a possibility? What if you tried to read the Bible in a year in the past, and you seem to fall off track around the same spot every time? Should you try again?
Joanna and Stefanie talk about why we should set Bible study goals, and they offer a simple system to help you set good goals that are actually attainable. It is possible to create specific goals that you can implement, whatever your life season! Because here’s the thing: no matter what season of life you’re in, the Word of God can and should have a distinct role in your life. The Word of God is nourishment for our souls. And regardless of the actual plan of action we choose, the ultimate aim of Bible study is to know and love the Lord and be transformed into His likeness. Let’s encounter the Lord in His Word in 2020!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Ep. 45 O Come, O Come Emmanuel with Caroline Cobb by Daily Grace
- Vegetable Cutter Shapes Set
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald Whitney
- Daily Grace Local
- Story of Redemption by The Daily Grace Co.
- Bible Reading Plans for 2019 by Ligonier Ministries
- Youversion Chronological Plan
- Daily Bible Reading Program (Chronological Plan) Blueletter Bible
- NIV Chronological Bible
- Ep. 14 Discipleship and Evangelism with Tamzen Baker by Daily Grace
- Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan
- 5-Day Bible Reading Plan
- Bible Studies from The Daily Grace Co.
- Children’s Resources from The Daily Grace Co.
- Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones
- Ep. 29 Meditation: Studying God’s Word with Your Heart & Mind by Daily Grace
- Ep. 38 Setting Goals that Matter with Lara Casey by Daily Grace
- 2020 Intentional Goal Setting Planner (Powersheets) by Cultivate What Matters
- Ep. 3 Bible Study in Busy Seasons by Daily Grace
- Audio Bible: Youversion, Dwell, Bible.is
- City Alight
- Caroline Cobb
- Sandra McCracken
- “Do Your Quiet Time” by Stefanie Boyles
- Preaching the Gospel to Yourself by The Daily Grace Co.
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- 2 Peter 1:3
- John 17:17
- Luke 11:28
- Ephesians 5:15-16
- Ephesians 6:17
- Proverbs 22:17
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “Lamp and Light”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *