On today’s episode, we are joined by Maryanne Challies Helms. Maryanne is a wife, a mother of four, and a fellow member of Joanna’s church in Georgia. She talks to us about intercessory prayer or praying for others. She shares the legacy of prayer and fasting her parents set forth for her growing up and how that has impacted her prayer life today. She offers practical advice on how we can develop the habit of praying for others in our own lives. She even tackles hard questions like, “Why pray when God is sovereign?” and “What if God doesn’t answer our prayers the way we asked?” All of us in Christ have the privilege of praying for others, so let’s do it! Come join our conversation!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Ep. 71 Teach Me to Pray by Daily Grace
- Prayer Aate – Christian Prayer App
- “Practicing Prayer An Invitation to Pester God” TGC Workshop by Jani Ortlund
- Susie: The Life and Legacy of Susannah Spurgeon by Ray Rhodes Jr.
- Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery
- Letters of Francis A. Schaeffer by Francis Schaeffer
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- John 17
- James 5:16
- Ephesians 6:18
- Isaiah 62:7
- Proverbs 27:6
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “The Daily Grace Co. Community”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *