On today’s episode, we talk about the ordinary days that make up the bulk of our lives. While there certainly are mountain top moments in life along with sorrowful valleys, the majority of our days are filled with the mundane. Today, we discuss how we can find joy in the boring, monotonous, everyday things that can sometimes cause us to feel weary. Could we really experience joy in the ordinary moments of life instead of feeling unfulfilled, overwhelmed, and stressed? How does the gospel inform the way we approach the mundane things of life like paying the bills, doing homework, cleaning the house, and changing diapers? We believe that in Christ, we can experience fullness of joy. We don’t have to wait for the weekend or live for the next vacation! Come join our conversation.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Secrets Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert by Rosaria Butterfield
- The Gospel Comes With a House Key by Rosaria Butterfield
- Biblical Theology Workshop for Women with Nancy Guthrie
- Help Me Teach the Bible (Podcast) by Nancy Guthrie
- TGC Q&A (Podcast) by The Gospel Coalition
- Ep. 1 Why You Need Theology? by Daily Grace
- Ep. 7 Preaching the Gospel to Yourself by Daily Grace
- Preaching the Gospel to Yourselffrom The Daily Grace Co.
- Risen Motherhood
- In His Image by Jen Wilkin
- Chrisitan Heroes Then & Now
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- 1 Corinthians 9
- Hebrews 12
- Philippians 3:14
- 1 Thesslaonians 5:16
- Galatians 5:22-23
- Jeremiah 15:16
- Psalm 119:1-2
- 1 Corinthians 10:31
- Colossians 3:17
- Romans 8:28-29
- Colossians 3:23-24
- Romans 12
- Philippians 4:8
- Psalm 16:11
- Romans 15:13
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “The Daily Grace Co. Community”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *