On today’s episode, we are joined by Ruth Chou Simons. Ruth is a bestselling author, entrepreneur, speaker, and artist behind Grace Laced. She and Troy have been married for 21 years, and they co-labor together in ministry, business, and parenthood (raising 6 boys, ages 6 to 17). In this conversation, Ruth reminds us of gospel truths that impact our everyday lives. Our sanctification is God’s will, and He is the One who grows us in godliness in all seasons and circumstances. She challenges us with these questions: what are we beholding? Where is our gaze fixed? How are we being filled? She encourages us to behold Christ because He alone is worthy of our worship. She shares from personal experience how motherhood and marriage are opportunities to grow in Christlikeness and put the gospel on display. We are sure this conversation will stir your affection for the Lord, no matter what season you’re in.
Be sure to follow Ruth on Instagram at @ruthchousimons and check out her latest book, Beholding and Becoming: The Art of Everyday Worship. You can purchase it here or wherever books are sold.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- GraceLaced | Adorning the Gospel with Beauty and Truth
- GraceLaced by Ruth Chou Simons
- Garden of Truth by Ruth Chou Simons
- Beholding and Becoming: The Art of Everyday Worship by Ruth Chou Simons
- When Sinners Say I Do by Dave Harvey
- 12 Ways Your Phone is Changing You by Tony Reinke
- Rose Water Facial Toner from Trader Joe’s
- Floret Farm’s Cut Flower Garden by Erin Benzakein
- Reformation Heritage Books – Missionary Biographies
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- Philippians 1:6
- Matthew 5
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3
- 2 Peter 1:3
- Hebrews 4:12
- Psalm 1:3
- Philippians 4:8
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “Lamp and Light”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *