FOMO. The Fear of Missing Out. You’ve probably experienced it. It’s this fear or anxiety that creeps up on us when we think we’re missing out on something, like an experience, an opportunity, a relationship. There are many reasons why we can experience FOMO, even as believers. We want to belong. We want to be seen as valuable. We want to maximize all of our opportunities, and so much more. In this conversation, we talk about how the gospel offers us a better answer to each of these reasons. As believers, we may experience FOMO, but we don’t have to. Come join our conversation.
- What is FOMO? (4:07)
- FOMO is a common experience. (6:22)
- 5 reasons we may experience FOMO (and how the gospel confronts these reasons):
- We want to belong. We want to be known and loved and accepted. (9:48)
- We have a desire to be admired and seen as valuable. (18:13)
- We want to control our situations. (26:16)
- We have this idea that we have to maximize our opportunities. (33:00)
- We have a scarcity mentality. (40:13)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Ep. 52 The Truth About Gossip by Daily Grace
Ep. 36 Celebrating Others in a Culture of Competition by Daily Grace
Ep. 31 Gospel Friendship With Kelly Needham by Daily Grace
Ep. 118 Navigating Toxic Relationships With Ellen Dykas by Daily Grace
Ep. 135 What Does It Mean to Fear the Lord? by Daily Grace
Ep. 109 Does God Want Us to Be Happy? by Daily Grace
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
1 Peter 1:9-10
1 John 3:1
1 Peter 4:10-12
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love it if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Engage with our Facebook community, “The Daily Grace Co. Community”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *