Can people really change? From little quirks to deep-seated issues, we’re asking the question that many of us may have asked in secret: is it possible for someone to truly change? Maybe we’ve asked it of ourselves. We keep doing the same thing (that we don’t want to do), over and over again. We may think to ourselves, “I’m not sure if I can ever grow out of that and change for the better.” It’s easy to feel frustrated with ourselves and with those around us. The gospel answers this question directly. The gospel is the good news that through the person and work of Jesus Christ, children of wrath are transformed to become children of God. This regeneration is the ultimate change. It’s hearts of stone being changed to hearts of flesh. It’s the spiritually dead becoming spiritually alive. But what happens afterward? Why do we, believers, still ask this question of ourselves and those around us? We worked through this question and topic in this week’s episode. Come join us!
- The big question: “Can people really change?”
- Change is possible, but sanctification is slow.
- True heart change is only possible if you’re in Christ.
- Sin is powerful.
- We can’t change on our own, but what can we do?
- Preach the gospel to yourself and others.
- Combat forgetfulness by cultivating this intimacy with Jesus.
- Surrender your sin struggles to the Lord. Release your grip on willpower.
- Partnering with the Spirit in the work of sanctification.
- Remember common grace.
- Walk by the Spirit daily.
- Lean into community.
- How do we engage with others on this journey?
- Extend grace.
- Surrender your personal desires for that person.
- Hold fast to hope for them.
- Speak truth over them and encourage them.
- Pray for them!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Ep. 47 “God With Us” Advent Spoken Word by Daily Grace
“Immanuel: God With Us” Advent Spoken Word – Lyric Video by Daily Grace
Philippians by Psallos Music
“Growing in Grace” Spiritual Disciplines Study by The Daily Grace Co.
“Rooted in Grace” Digital Course by The Daily Grace Co.
The Daily Grace Co. YouTube Channel
Ep. 7 Preaching the Gospel to Yourself by Daily Grace
“Preaching the Gospel to Yourself” Study by Daily Grace
Ep. 60 Why Should We Forgive Others? by Daily Grace
Ep. 60 Bonus What Does Forgiveness Look Like? by Daily Grace
Ep. 140 Should We Forgive and Forget? by Daily Grace
Ep. 77 The Gospel Is for All People by Daily Grace
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
2 Peter 1:3-4
2 Corinthians 5:17
Ephesians 2:1, 5
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love it if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Engage with our Facebook community, “The Daily Grace Co. Community”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *