On this episode of Daily Grace, we chat with Kristin Schmucker on one of our favorite topics – biblical literacy. Kristin is a wife, mama to four, seminary student, Bible study author, and co-founder and CEO of The Daily Grace Co. She is passionate about equipping women to study God’s Word and grow in their knowledge and love for Him. Kristin shares how The Daily Grace Co. came into existence, and how God’s Word comforted her in a season of loss and grief. She breaks down what biblical literacy means and shares encouraging words for anyone new on this journey of growing in biblical literacy. She also talks about the beauty of the local church and how it can enrich our personal growth in biblical literacy.
If you hear anything in this conversation that you have questions about, please feel to e-mail us at email@example.com. Also, download the new The Daily Grace Co. app on iOS or Android devices to get a FREE study called “Word of Life” that will help you study the Bible and explain why it matters.
- Tell us the story of how the Daily Grace Company came into existence.
- What is Biblical literacy? Why is it important (for women specifically)?
- What has Bible study looked like in your life over the years?
- Why is growing in Biblical literacy important to you?
- How has your view of God, His Word, and self changed since you began studying His Word every day?
- Can you share how your study of God’s Word prior to tragedy helped you in the midst of loss and grief?
- Where would you encourage someone completely new to the Bible start on their journey of pursuing Biblical literacy?
- How can a normal, stay-at-home mama (or even a high school or college student) grow in Biblical literacy?
- What encouragement would you give to a woman struggling to find the motivation to read God’s Word or to a woman who thinks daily Bible study is for “super Christians” or women in ministry?
- How can we grow in Biblical literacy with others in community?
Three Questions We Ask Every Guest
- What’s currently on your nightstand?
- What’s one thing you can’t live without?
- What’s one resource (book, person, experience) that has most stirred your affection for God’s Word?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Word of Life (FREE) Study – download The Daily Grace Co. app on iOS or Android devices
Daily Grace Guide (FREE)
Audio Bible (check out these apps: Youversion and Dwell)
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Isaiah 55:10-11
- Isaiah 40:8
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify.
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Download The Daily Grace app: on iOS, simply search “The Daily Grace Co.” and download. On Android, go to the Google Play Store and search for “The Daily Grace Co.” and download.
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Like The Daily Grace Co. on Facebook.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “Lamp and Light”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for weekly encouragement steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *